Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Marble Cake


 
 
 
My husband regularly shops at the Whole Foods Market. Sometimes when we don't have any cake at home he gets this extremely tasty marble iced cake loaf from there. This time I thought of trying it at home. Everything about this cake is right – the delicate texture, the flavor, the beautiful swirls of light and dark. I googled various recipes for a marble cake and I finally tried this marble cake recipe by Martha Stewart. http://www.marthastewart.com/339716/marble-cake The filling of marble cake is a blend of vanilla and chocolate. It is light and fluffy, moist and rich. The cake turned out delicious. This recipe is like the best marble cake recipe ever!! I totally fell in love with it. However I did not get the perfect swirls because my batter was runny and the chocolate and vanilla batter kept running into each other. I don't know where I went wrong since I followed the steps correctly. I don't really care about the swirls as long as the taste and the texture of the cake is right and it was. This is a sure winner and you must try it. I frosted the cake with chocolate frosting and glazed it with confectioner's sugar exactly the way its made at whole foods. Enjoy! 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment