Pineapple Crunch Cake
This is a very simple yet very satisfying dessert you can make in minutes. You can bake this cake using any fruit of your choice, somehow pineapple tastes really good. You can use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or any fruit that is soft and juicy. You will love this cake because of its unique combination of buttery cake layers filled with fresh fruit and a crunchy top full of nuts. I tried this recipe from an old cake book given to me by my neighbor, Here is the recipe.
Ingredients:- (All ingredients must be at room temperature)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweet or unsweetened)
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple . Drain the juice and reserve in 1/2 cup.
1/3 cup butter- softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3 tblsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease and flour an 8x8x2 inch pan
- Put nuts in a blender until coarsely chopped. Empty into a bowl and combine with brown sugar and coconut. Set aside.
- Take 1/2 cup of pineapple juice you get from crushing the pineapples. Add the juice, 1/3 cup butter, egg and vanilla in a blender and run on a high speed for 10 seconds.
- Then add 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt and then run again on a high speed for 10 seconds.
- Meanwhile sift flour in a bowl and add mixture from the blender container, stir and mix properly. Pour half the batter in a prepared pan, spread crushed pineapple over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the pineapple. Top with coconut mixture and drizzle with 3 tblsp melted butter.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done. You can serve it with whipped cream or eat it plain.