Friday, January 18, 2013

 
Instant Urad Dal Oatmeal Dosa with Coconut Chutney
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love south indian food and dosa idli is my all time favourite. But sometimes its too much work to soak the lentils and rice, grind and wait for the batter to rise. It needs a lot of planning. And even if I get myself to do all that half the time my batter doesnt rise because either I didnt follow the  measurements correctly or the temperature wasn't right for the batter to ferment. I always keep looking for different instant dosa recipes so that I can make dosa as and when I feel like. I tried various recipes from the internet but this one is my all time favourite. Urad dal oatmeal dosa with coconut chutney. I know it sounds weird but trust me its simple, its delicious, its healthy and you can make it in minutes with just two simple ingredients. My neighbour who is a south indian gave me this recipe and its a big hit in my house. Plus its a good way to get my baby girl to eat oats.
 
 
Ingredients for the dosa :-
1 cup Urad dal (skinless black gram lentil)
1 cup rolled oats
Oil for making the dosa
 
  1. Soak urad dal for 1 1/2 hour and then wash
  2. Soak oats for just 5 minutes
  3. Add the dal and oats and blend into a smooth batter. The consistency should be like the dough for pancakes.
  4. Heat the tava, add about a tsp of oil and make thin dosas. This batter makes about 5/6 dosas.
The dosas turn out nice and fluffy and tastes so much like the regular dosas we make. I normally make coconut chutney with it, here is the recipe.

Ingredients for the chutney:-
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes . ( You can  grate fresh coconut or use store bought packet)
1/2 cup roasted chana dal
Quarter of an onion - sliced
1 small piece of ginger
1 green chilli ( you can add more as per your taste)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar

Blend all of the above with little water and enjoy with hot dosas.

     

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment