Monday, February 11, 2013

Carrot Cake with Chocolate filling and Cheesecream frosting

 
 
 
 

My hubby loves carrot cake. I remember he would always buy a bar of carrot cake from publix and eat it all. I remember once I tried to bake a carrot cake but the cake turned out like a pudding. Very moist, had way too much cinnamon and oil and worst part is after eating it hubby dear fell sick. The recipe I followed off the internet claimed that it was the best carrot cake recipe ever and I realised it wasn't my favourite. After that I never tried to bake a carrot cake and continued making other kinds of cakes. Yesterday, somehow I had a bunch of carrots left in the refrigerator and decided to give one more try. The cake turned out super light, moist and very tasty. It was a great hit among my neighbours too. This is now my favourite carrot cake recipe and I know it will never fail. I made a few changes to the recipe I had followed earlier and the cake turned out perfect. Also, I used light brown sugar instead of white and that gave the cake a lot more depth and flavor. I used chocolate filling and cheesecream frosting. If you want you can just use cheesecream filling and frosting and omit the chocolate filling. Here is the recipe.
 
Ingredients:-
4 eggs- (at room temperature)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment